Crock Pot Vegan Black Bean Soup
Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew
You will need:
You fav-o-rite vegan pasta noodle
1 bunch basil
1 1/2 c. walnuts
1/2 avocado plus an additional 1 more for topping
1 tsp salt
2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
1. Boil noodles according to directions on the box.
2. Pulse 1/2 avocado, basil, walnuts, olive oil, garlic and salt in food processor.
3. Mix drained, warm pasta with pesto and top with chopped avocado.
VEGAN DAILY RECIPE: Enfrijoladas
Don’t worry guys, I’m not making myself or my boyfriend anything with liquid smoke, etc. The sauce sounds interesting to me and I’m saving this because I intend to modify it.
For the dressing:
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
3/4 cup fresh red grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons Sriracha
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon salt
baked broccoli burgers
- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Tahini dressing ingredients:
- 1/3 cup sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
I did these first three steps simultaneously in order to speed up the prep time.
1. In a small pot, bring the water and couscous to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and allow the couscous to sit in the pot for 10 minutes, soaking up the water.
2. Steam the broccoli in a steamer for 5-7 minutes (or use a microwave or stove method, you just want the broccoli to be soft in the end)
3. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add in the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion softens. Remove from heat and stir in the cumin.
Gather your couscous, broccoli, onion mix, chickpeas and sesame tahini and combine together in a food processor.
Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs.
Form it into patties and place the patties on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Bake for 50 minutes, turning the patties over halfway through. You’ll know they are done when the tops begin to brown.
To make the tahini sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined, roughly 30 seconds.
Page 2 of 90