Muffuletta Olive Salad Recipe
1 1/2 Cups Green Olives, Pitted
1/2 Cup Calamatta Olives (or Black) Pitted
1 Cup Gardiniera (Pickled Cauliflower, Carrots, Celery, Pepperoncini)
1 Tbsp. Capers
3 each Fresh Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/8 Cup Celery, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Fresh Oregano (When I have it in my garden) or 2 tsp. dried
1 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
3 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Green Onions, thinly sliced
Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground pepper To Taste (salt may not be necessary)
Crush each olive on a cutting board with your hand. Combine all ingredients. Cover with:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 1 – 1 1/2 Cups
Put into a bowl or jar, cover and let the flavors marry for about one week (or at least overnight).
Seriously, I’m stumped and have a alot of tofu sat in the fridge.
I got this recipe and I love it and I’m not a huge fan of tofu. I can count on one hand how many recipes I have that use tofu. I eat this at least three times a week.
Tofu Breakfast Sandwich
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 rectangle slices from block of extra firm tofu, frozen/thawed/drained
- Breakfast bread of choice (bagel, English muffin, biscuit)
- Extras of choice (breakfast “meats”—this would be a good place to try out the tempeh bacon, tomato slices, avocado slices, mushrooms, cheese, etc.)
1. Mix marinade ingredients in a small plastic container with a lid. The consistency should be a pasty liquid.
2. Add tofu to container, close lid, and shake gently to cover. Make sure tofu is covered completely, top and bottom.
3. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
1. Spray non-stick skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
2. When oil is hot, place tofu in pan along with any non-absorbed marinade.
3. Fry the first side four to five minutes.
4. Prepare your breakfast bread in the toaster or toaster oven.
5. Flip tofu and fry four to five minutes more. It’d done when both sides are a light golden color.
6. Remove bread from toaster and add fried tofu and any extras you desire.
I use a whole grain english muffin, and spread artichoke and spinach hummus on both sides. It’s AWESOME.